During the first half of 2022, the Restena Foundation signed its first multi-year agreement with the Ministry of Higher Education and Research and the Ministry of National Education, Children and Youth. This document which defines outcome objectives to achieve for the period 2022/2023 is the first of many to come.
In return for a 2.9 million euros endowment, Restena is committing alongside the Luxembourg government to:
- 99.9% availability of the backbone network of the research and education network and rapid reaction times in the event of failure for the connections of individual institutions;
- obtaining ISO 27001 certification (achieved on 17 March 2022), carrying out security audits and implementing awareness-raising activities;
- the availability of DNS (Domain Name System) resolution for .lu users and of the .lu registration chain, standing respectively at 100% and 99.9%;
- 99.9% availability of both website & email hosting services and the national TLD (Top-Level Domain) server for the eduroam Wi-Fi roaming service, as well as rapid intervention in the event of failure for all its services;
- active participation in activities led the European associations of research networks and domain name registries, namely the GÉANT Association and the Council of European National Top-Level Domain Registries (CENTR).
Thanks to this multi-year agreement, Restena is one of the 12 higher education and public research organisations – all part of the research and education community it serves - to sign an agreement with the Luxembourg state for the period 2022/2025.